Jovana Yoka Terzic aka Animal Bro
I was born and grew up in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. Classically trained in traditional artistic media, I graduated from Belgrade School of Design in 2000. and obtained an MFA in painting from the University of Art in Belgrade in 2006. While living in Africa in 1999. I attended Evelyn College of Design in picturesque Nairobi, Kenya. Experiencing Africa set my artistic vision on a new path.
Since 2011 I live in New South Wales, where I paint, exhibit, teach workshops, curate exhibitions and publish zines.
Before moving to Australia, my work has been displayed in galleries across Europe and has won awards at international competitions for illustration and graphic printing.
Selected solo exhibitions:
• 2017 “Three Magick Stooges”, Balmain Watch House, Balmain, NSW
• 2016 Mural commisions for “Leichhardt Open Studio Trail”, NSW
• 2015 Art installation for “Black Wire Records”, Sydney Fringe Festival, NSW
• 2014 “Year of the Horse, as told by Animal Bro”, Leichhardt Town Hall, NSW
• 2013 “Vision Quest”, Orchard Gallery, SSUC, Redfern NSW
• 2007 Drawings, District Gallery, Museum of Applied Arts, Belgrade, Serbia
• 2007 Paintings , Culture Center ‘Studentski Grad’, Belgrade, Serbia
Selected group exhibitions:
• 2016 “The Small Picture”, Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2015 “Community Art”, Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2013 “Fringe Arts at the Forum”, Sydney Fringe Festival, Italian Forum, NSW
• 2012 “Monster Art Show”, Ambush Gallery, Waterloo, NSW
• 2012 “Monster Art Show”, Rex Livingston Gallery, Surry Hills, NSW
• 1995-2010 Over 20 exhibitions spanning Serbia, Poland, Montenegro and Kenya
Feel free to contact me on 0422175922